The recipe said I would end up with 12 muffins, but closer to 18 resulted. I am not complaining! Thanks to Bob Bakes for inspiring me in the first place.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons backing powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed well
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
ADDENDUM: I brought these over to a good friend's house last night, had a lot of people eat them. Response was delightfully positive; this morning I received a phone message from Daniel Hood stating that "That muffin was fiiiiiine" - Mission accomplished, baby.Yup. This blog has officially turned a corner. In the words of Samuel L. Jackson circa 1993... "Hold on to your butts."